Abundance NC presents PepperFest, Sunday, Sept 22, 2019 from 3-6 PM! PepperFest is a celebration of sustainable agriculture, farmers, and the creativity of the Piedmont’s top chefs, brewers and artisans.
This outdoor event is held in NC’s cool late summer and hosts around 3000 folks who enjoy live music and revelry, learning and discovery – including a kid’s craft and fun zone – while filling up on delicious pepper-themed dishes made with delicious, locally grown sweet, hot and smoky NC peppers.
FAQ’s about the PEPPER:
Bell peppers are loaded with various vitamins and minerals, in fact they are a superfood and if you really wanted to, you could avoid scurvy by eating peppers and not importing far away oranges and grapefruits!
- Vitamin C. One medium-sized red bell pepper provides 169% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for vitamin C, making it one of the richest dietary sources of this essential nutrient.
- Vitamin B6. Pyridoxine is the most common type of vitamin B6, which is a family of nutrients important for the formation of red blood cells.
- Vitamin K1. A form of vitamin K, also known as phylloquinone, K1 is important for blood clotting and bone health.
- Potassium. This essential mineral may improve heart health.
- Folate. Also known as vitamin B9, folate has a variety of functions in your body. Adequate folate intake is very important during pregnancy.
- Vitamin E. A powerful antioxidant, vitamin E is essential for healthy nerves and muscles. The best dietary sources of this fat-soluble vitamin are oils, nuts, seeds, and vegetables.
- Vitamin A. Red bell peppers are high in pro-vitamin A (beta carotene), which your body converts into vitamin A.
PepperFest chefs get super creative with their dishes, making everything from pepper ice cream to savory dishes and salsas, pepper gumbos and chili. Abundance NC supplies them with peppers from local NC farmers, supporting our local foodshed. You’ll want to taste everything!
Throughout the day, you can purchase (cash bar) all types of micro-brews in which some of the brewers have added peppers to their ales! There’s also local winery and spirits, local soda and coffee to choose from.
On top of that, there’s amazing local music and a kid zone so children have a blast while parents relax. There are BEST DISH AWARDS and BEST BEER AWARDS.
Creativity is on display everywhere at PepperFest. From the scrumptious concoctions dreamed up by our chefs and brewers, to the sweet melodies humming down from the bands onstage, to the complex flavors embedded in the peppers themselves, there’s a lot to make us proud to be from N.C.
Come out and experience it!