Abundance NC presents PepperFest, Sunday September 20th, 2020 from 3-6 PM! Traditionally, this is a 3,000 person event. This year, the world is different, and so is PepperFest. A celebration of sustainable agriculture, farmers and the creativity of the Piedmont’s top chefs. We will be having a picnic + farmers’ market styled event.
Tickets are limited to 100 high-end baskets with mason jars full of carefully curated pepper-themed dishes. Dishes that you can enjoy long after the event is over. The baskets include 2 adult entry tickets, a recipe magazine with coupons of participating farmers, chefs and sponsors, a PepperFest mask and others treats made by local businesses.
There will be live music by CERTAIN SEAS and a second band yet to be confirmed. We are looking forward to a scaled down celebration of our cherished locally grown sweet, hot and smoky NC peppers, a superfood! !!
FAQ’s about the PEPPER:
Bell peppers are loaded with various vitamins and minerals, in fact they are a superfood and if you really wanted to, you could avoid scurvy by eating peppers and not importing far away oranges and grapefruits!
- Vitamin C. One medium-sized red bell pepper provides 169% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for vitamin C, making it one of the richest dietary sources of this essential nutrient.
- Vitamin B6. Pyridoxine is the most common type of vitamin B6, which is a family of nutrients important for the formation of red blood cells.
- Vitamin K1. A form of vitamin K, also known as phylloquinone, K1 is important for blood clotting and bone health.
- Potassium. This essential mineral may improve heart health.
- Folate. Also known as vitamin B9, folate has a variety of functions in your body. Adequate folate intake is very important during pregnancy.
- Vitamin E. A powerful antioxidant, vitamin E is essential for healthy nerves and muscles. The best dietary sources of this fat-soluble vitamin are oils, nuts, seeds, and vegetables.
- Vitamin A. Red bell peppers are high in pro-vitamin A (beta carotene), which your body converts into vitamin A.
This year, 7 PepperFest chefs will surprise us with their super creative dishes. Abundance NC supplies them with peppers from local NC farmers, supporting our local foodshed.
Throughout the day, you can purchase (cash bar) drinks from Fair Game Beverage Company (% of sales will go to Abundance NC), where they serve all types of beverages from their very own spirits to local micro-breweries, cideries and wineries.
Creativity is on display everywhere at PepperFest. From the scrumptious concoctions dreamed up by our chefs and brewers, to the sweet melodies humming down from the bands onstage, to the complex flavors embedded in the peppers themselves, there’s a lot to make us proud to be from N.C.
Come out and experience it!